I was working very hard, and long hours at the Protea Hotel Fire & Ice, in Melrose Arch… Last week I made such a nice High Tea with a Easter theme…
So, today I will share with you my Easter Eggs and my Easter Cupcakes.
I decorate the table with chocolate eggs, filled with coconut-lime truffles, green tea truffles, coffee and gianduja truffles.
- Line a 9×13 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Combine the cream, cream of coconut, corn syrup and lime zest in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Remove from the heat. Add the chopped white chocolate and stir until smooth and homogeneous. Stir in the lime juice.
- Pour the finished ganache into the baking pan to make a thin layer and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour or more until the ganache is firm.
- Put the ganache in a mixer bowl and mix, using a paddle attachment for 30 seconds.
- Allow the ganache to rest at room temperature for 5 minutes. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Using a #100 scoop or a teaspoon, scoop out balls of ganache and place on the sheet pan at room temperature.
- When all the ganache has been scooped, roll each portion by hand into a round ball.
- Melt and temper the chocolate for dipping.
- Dip the ganache centers in the tempered chocolate.
- After the second coat of chocolate, roll the truffles in the coconut to cover them fully.